Lawncare Technician Job Description
Dowco’s lawncare technician is responsible for providing the fertilization and weed control of turf and beds for the company’s clients while hitting their production goals, as well as generating additional sales.
This position is a stepping stone to a licensed lawncare applicator position.
Lawncare Technician Key Responsibilities & Performance Deliverables:
- Perform the Dowco Differences on every site, delivering top-quality professional work on all jobs.
- Perform assigned production within budgeted labor hours.
- Stock and prepare truck with necessary product and equipment as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including the work site, trucks, shop, and equipment.
- Actively participate in team meetings.
- Complete all duties safely with no accidents.
- Diagnose turf problems.
- Generate new leads & enhancements.
- Hit hourly and monthly sales goals.
- Assist in ensuring that required materials & equipment are acquired and ready for treatments.
- Coordinate equipment care and maintenance with mechanics.
- Perform other types of work during off-peak seasons, i.e. snow events.
Lawncare Technician Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Valid driver’s license, no points.
- Minimally 1 year of practical experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in varying outdoor weather conditions.
- Ability to work alone with no assistance.
- Ability to transport self to each job via GPS, map book, or directions.
- Literate and legible handwriting.
- Good customer service skills.