Maintenance Crew Leader Job Description
Dowco’s maintenance crew leader is responsible for providing top quality lawn & landscape maintenance for our clients while achieving their production goals and training their crew member.
This position is a fast track stepping stone to the field supervisor position!
Maintenance Crew Leader Key Responsibilities & Performance Deliverables:
- Perform the Dowco Difference of delivering top-quality professional work on all jobs.
- Own your jobsite.
- Perform quality work with no call backs.
- Perform assigned production within budgeted labor hours.
- Assist crew leader loading and unloading the vehicle(s).
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including the work site, trucks, shop, and equipment.
- Act as a spotter for the crew leader when reversing vehicles.
- Sweep the shop, sharpen blades, and perform other duties as needed when asked.
- Actively participate in team meetings.
- Work safely no accidents.
- Perform other types of work during off-peak seasons, i.e. snow events.
- Grow your skills and knowledge of the company and the industry.
- Ensure achievement of Mission Statement standards.
Maintenance Crew Leader Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- High school graduate preferred.
- 1 year practical industry experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in varying outdoor weather conditions.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to read a map book.
- Clear knowledge of the Dowco Differences.