St. Louis Horticulturist Job Description
Dowco’s horticulturists are responsible for the planning, preparation and maintenance of gardens, turf grounds and other outdoor spaces for our clients.
You will be responsible for supervising and assisting in all stages of the process from generating leads, selling and maintaining.
Our horticulturists excel in designing and installing planting schemes for enhancement projects as well as reviewing existing plantings for current clients during site visits to solve problems and bring client dreams to reality.
You will be preparing, implementing and monitoring weekly, monthly and annual maintenance programs for our client base.
St. Louis Horticulturist Key Responsibilities & Performance Deliverables:
- Generate and close new leads; enhancements and new contracts
- Manage and retain a specified customer territory
- Achieve a required net profit margin on work sold
- Complete scheduled site visits
- Assist in ensuring that required equipment is ready for projects and materials are acquired prior to project install
- Assist in training and development of staff
- Review ongoing progress of jobs sold
- Continually grow your skills and learn
St. Louis Horticulturist Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Generate sales to achieve required goals
- Achieve a 60% gross profit margin on work sold
- Ensure 90% retention of book of business